Thursday, April 11, 2013

Enjoying God's Creation


It was cloudy and cool today, mostly overcast after a couple cold and slightly snowy April days.  As I left work today and was headed to my car I was able to see the Spanish Peaks standing out in stark contrast to the grey sky.  The picture above is the Spanish peaks in southern Colorado (taken from much closer than where I was in Pueblo).  They don't normally stand out so clearly so it was a pleasant surprise.  I felt my spirit lift as I enjoyed the sight.  Honestly it was like God said, "Here you go.  Look what I did just for you." 

I love the mountains, it is one of the reasons I live in Colorado.  Since the mountains are always there I can go for days at a time without really "seeing" them but there are times the light hits them just right and, Wow!  I just have to pause and thank God for the beautiful mountains and that I get to be witness to His handy work.

Life can definitely be chaotic and we can miss it if we don't stop and look around from time to time.  When I look at the wonders of His creation I have to stop and think about if we have these amazingly beautiful mountain vistas to enjoy now, how much better is it going to be in heaven?

Stop and take a breath from time to time.  Take a look around.  Enjoy what God shows you.

No comments:

Post a Comment